10 March 2015
- Research by Royal Mail reveals, 1 in 3 mums prefer to receive a card than a present on Mother’s Day
- More than half admit that cards makes them feel more loved than a present
- Mothers over 45 and those in Wales and the South East are most eager to receive cards
- Mother’s Day beats Christmas for card importance
- Last post day for 1st class is Friday 13th March
With Mother’s Day fast approaching, the pressure is on to find the perfect present but new research from Royal Mail reveals that on Sunday 15 March, mums will be hoping for a card rather than a gift.
The OnePoll survey found that nearly a quarter (21%) of mums admit that receiving a card on Mother’s Day is very important to them with a third (33%) going a step further by saying they would prefer to see a card than a present (24%) on Sunday morning.
Sons and daughters in Wales (26%), South East (26%) and Northern Ireland (25%) are under the most pressure to get posting as mothers in these areas placed cards at the top of their priority list. Mums over 45 (58%) were also looking forward to receiving a card the most.
Read more at royalmailgroup.com