From June 6 to 10, Canadians are encouraged to donate to local food banks online, in person and on social media
June 2, 2016 – Purolator’s annual national Purolator Tackle Hunger® Week campaign will run from June 6 to 10, 2016, to help raise awareness about hunger and collect food and cash donations for local food banks across Canada.
“Purolator Tackle Hunger Week is a unique time when Canadians come together to make a difference in their communities, not just in person but also online and through social media,” said Ramsey Mansour, Purolator’s Vice President of Marketing and Strategy. “Since its inception, Purolator’s customers, partners and employees have consistently raised the bar by increasing their donations each and every year. We are excited about this year’s program and believe we are in a position to help the millions of Canadians across our country who are struggling to make ends meet and put food on the table.”
Purolator has made it easier for Canadians to help tackle hunger in Canada:
- Make an online donation to your local food bank at purolatortacklehungerdonation.com.
- Make a food or monetary donation at any Purolator Shipping Centre.
- Spread the word on Facebook and Twitter – Purolator will donate 1 lb. of food to food banks across Canada for every:
- New Like of its Facebook page
- Like or Share of its Tackle Hunger–related posts from June 6 to 10
- Tweet using the hashtag #TackleHunger
Purolator employees are also doing their part to alleviate hunger during Purolator Tackle Hunger Week by hosting events across the country to raise food and funds for local food banks in their communities.
Read more at purolator.com