- Consolidated revenues climb to EUR 14 billion in the third quarter
- Operating earnings increase by nearly 5 percent
- Full-year guidance for 2014 confirmed: Consolidated EBIT expected to rise to between EUR 2.9 billion and EUR 3.1 billion
- Further earnings gains forecast for future years
- CEO Frank Appel: “We are investing in sustainable growth”
Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading postal and logistics group, continued to generate profitable growth in the third quarter of 2014, powered by its strong market position in the most dynamic segments and regions of the world. Revenues climbed by more than 4 percent in the period between July and September to EUR 14 billion. In addition to slightly positive exchange-rate effects, it was the revenue gains generated by all four divisions that fueled this increase. The Group’s higher revenues primarily reflected the further improved volume and revenue development in the German parcel business and continued strong gains in the international express business. The Group’s operating earnings climbed by nearly 5 percent during the third quarter of the current year to EUR 677 million. As a result of lower tax expenses and finance costs, the increase in the company’s consolidated net profit was even higher, rising more than 17 percent to EUR 468 million.
Read more: dhl.com