Organizing partners Points of Light and Bloomberg L.P. honor UPS for its community engagement and philanthropic efforts
Today, UPS® (NYSE:UPS) was recognized as No. 1 in the Industrials company category on the 2014 Civic 50 list, up from the No. 4 ranking in 2013. An annual initiative organized by Points of Light and Bloomberg L.P., the Civic 50 honors the 50 most community-minded companies in the United States.
As one of the largest, most diverse and community-based companies in the world, UPS is committed to leveraging its philanthropy, company assets and the spirit of volunteerism among its employees to help build stronger, safer, more resilient communities around the world. The Civic 50 award recognized UPS this year for five of its major philanthropic efforts:
- The UPS Humanitarian Relief Program leverages its resources such as transportation and logistics expertise as a way to support preparedness, response and post-crisis recovery efforts with a goal of rebuilding impacted communities.
- UPS’s signature road safety program, the UPS Road Code course, taps into the business expertise of our skilled drivers to impart tried and tested safe driving techniques to thousands of young and novice drivers.
- UPS’s Global Forestry Initiative goal is to help plant, protect and preserve trees in urban and rural areas and critical forests around the world. Since 2012, The UPS Foundation and UPS employees have planted more than 3 million trees across 47 countries to support the environment.
- UPS promotes diversity and inclusion by supporting hundreds of national and community based organizations across the entire spectrum of diversity that provide economic empowerment, educational and individual development programs to under-served and under-represented members of our community.
- UPS mobilizes its global workforce to increase the capacity of non-profits and NGOs through volunteerism. This year the company and its employees committed to investing “20 Million Volunteer Hours by the end of 2020” in communities worldwide.
Read more: ups.com