1. Why is the Postal Service delivering on Sundays?
A: Due to package growth, particularly during the holiday season, the Postal Service will deliver packages in major cities and high-volume locations to keep the network clear and moving.
2. Doesn’t the Postal service already deliver on Sundays?
A: Yes. The Postal Service currently delivers Priority Mail Express and certain Amazon packages on Sundays. Due to increased package volume, we are expanding the types of packages that will be delivered on Sundays.
3. Hasn’t the Postal service done this before?
A: Yes in some local areas with high volume. The Postal Service is committed to ensuring that the mail keeps moving. Due to increased package volume, we’re renewing our efforts to deliver packages on Sundays in major cities and high volume locations.
4. How much volume is there expected to be on Sundays?
A: The Postal Service is expecting double-digit package volume increases this holiday season and will be processing and delivering packages as necessary to keep the network clear and moving.
5. What kinds of packages can I expect to receive on Sundays?
A: The types of packages delivered on Sundays will be ultimately dependent on volume levels, however Priority Mail packages will be the primary type delivered to residential customers. It could also include First-Class packages. Customers who live in an area serviced by Amazon Sunday deliveries will continue to receive them on Sunday.
6. How do I know if this is taking place in my location?
A: Decisions to deliver on Sunday takes place at the local level, however due to volume projections it will likely be taking place in most U.S. cities and high volume areas during the holiday season.
7. If I send a package with expected 2-day delivery on Friday, will it be delivered on Sunday?
A: Depending on where the package is being sent from and where it’s going, it can take 1-3 days via Priority Mail. Only Priority Mail Express packages and packages as negotiated with Amazon are currently available for expected delivery on Sunday.
8. Will it cost me extra if a package is delivered on Sunday
A: No. Unless customers choose to pay for an expedited service at the time of the purchase, they will not be charged extra.
9. How will Sundays be staffed?
A: During the holidays in processing and distribution centers, Sundays are business as usual. In delivery units, much of the Sunday delivery will be done by CCAs.
10. Will Sunday delivery be continuing after the holidays if volume levels persist?
A: These types of decisions will be made on the local level based on the volume on hand to keep the network clear and moving.