How to get a FedEx door tag?
When a package recipient is not home to sign for a FedEx package, a FedEx door tag is left on the door, and this is the only way to get one. This tag informs the recipient that the package is ready for pickup at a FedEx location.
Why did you receive a FedEx door tag?
For one of two reasons:
- To let you know we delivered your package and where it was left.
- To notify you that we weren’t able to deliver your package and to instruct you on the next steps to take.
What do you need to do when you get a FedEx door tag?
That depends on what works best for you:
- If you would like FedEx to attempt a second delivery, you don’t need to do anything. We usually attempt to redeliver your FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground® or FedEx Home Delivery® package the next business day. We’ll indicate on the door tag whether we’ll try again or if this was the final delivery attempt.
- If you want to pick up your FedEx Express package before another delivery attempt is made, it’s easy. 1) Verify that the package is available for pickup. Instructions on how to do that are on the door tag, along with the address where you can pick it up.* 2) Note the door tag number that’s on the bottom of the form — we’ll need it to identify the package. 3) Bring your legal identification when you pick up your package.
- If this was the last delivery attempt, we’ll mark that on the label. You’ll have two business days to pick up your package at the address shown. Make sure to call ahead or go online to check if it’s available for pickup, and remember to bring your legal identification.
How to track by door tag number?
Door tag numbers start with the letters “DT” followed by twelve numbers. After entering the door tag number, click on the underlined tracking number to get more details. You can enter up to 25 door tag numbers at a time. Please ensure that you enter only one door tag number per line.