3rd March 2015
- Federal Government approves changes to help sustain the letters service and protect our national network of 4400 post offices
- Posties will continue to deliver mail five days a week
- Concession stamp price is frozen at 60 cents for 5.7 million people
- Christmas stamp price is also frozen for the first time, at 65 cents
- Australia Post to consult broadly with the community about the changes
Australia Post today welcomed the Federal Government’s decision to support its request for regulatory reform of its letters service.
It said the changes would help keep post offices open – including Australia Post’s vital regional and rural network – keep posties delivering mail five days a week and ensure Australians everywhere can continue to access a world-class letters service.
They would also help stem growing losses in the mail service caused by changing consumer and business behaviour which was driving an alarming fall in letter volumes.
Read more at auspost.newsroom.com.au